Data Protection Declaration of the App PHASCOPE® PAINT
Information on the Collection of Personal Data
1.1 In what follows, Helmut Fischer GmbH Institut für Elektronik und Messtechnik (Helmut Fischer GmbH, we, us, our) is providing information on the collection of personal data occurring when you are using the app PHASCOPE® PAINT (PHASCOPE® PAINT, App). Personal data are all data that can be related to you in person, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
1.2 Helmut Fischer GmbH Institut für Elektronik und Messtechnik, Industriestraße 21, 71069 Sindelfingen, registered with the commercial register of the local court (Amtsgericht) Stuttgart under HRB no. 725002; tel. +49(0)7031/303-0; E-Mail: mail(at)helmut-fischer.de (see our imprint) is the controller pursuant to Article 4(7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Enquiries about data protection issues can be directed to our data protection officer Christian Schwinge (Heilbronner Str. 86, 70191 Stuttgart; Telefon: +49(0)711/258 56 00; E-Mail: christian.schwinge(at)schwinge.com).
1.3 If you are contacting us via e-mail, we will be saving data you are providing us with (your e-mail address as well as, possibly, your name and telephone number) in order to answer your questions. We will erase any data produced in this context as soon as saving it is no longer necessary, or restrict processing in case statutory storage obligations hold.
2.1 You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- Right of access;
- Right to rectification or erasure;
- Right to restriction of processing;
- Right to object against processing;
- Right to data portability.
2.2 To make use of your rights, please get in contact with us via the contact data detailed in Section 1.2.
2.3 In case of complaints on the handling of your personal data you may turn to a supervisory authority (Article 13(2)(d) GDPR).
Google Play Store / Apple App Store
When downloading PHASCOPE® PAINT, the necessary information is submitted to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store, respectively. This in particular includes user name, mail address and account number, time of download, payment information and the individual device number. We have no control over this data processing and are not liable for it. We only process data to the extent necessary for downloading the App on your mobile device.
Processing of Data by the App
4.1 When you are using PHASCOPE® PAINT, we may collect the following data which is necessary for us due to technical reasons to offer to you the services of the App and to ensure stability and safety of the App (the legal basis being Article 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR, our legitimate interest being the technical possibility to offer and maintain the App):
- IP address;
- Date and time of request;
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT);
- Content of request (particular page);
- Access status/HTTP status code;
- Individual amount of data transferred; and
- Operating system and its surface; and
- The IP addresses collected will be only stored for the duration of your use of the App and are subsequently deleted or made anonymous by shortening them.
4.2 At the beginning of the use of PHASCOPE® PAINT, the user can enter a name. This name solely serves for the internal allocation of the measurement data stored by the app to a specific user and is not passed on to Helmut Fischer GmbH or third parties.
4.3 Apart from this, we are processing your personal data only if
a) there is a legitimate interest in the context of the operation of the App, in particular:
- For answering enquiries;
- For providing service and/or information directed to you;
- For the operation and administration of the App;
- For avoiding and discovering case of fraud and criminal acts; and/or
- For ensuring network and data security, insofar as these interests are in accordance with the law and with the rights and freedom of the user;
b) you consented into the use for individually specified lawful purposes; or
c) we are obliged to do so out of legal reasons.
PHASCOPE® PAINT requires the following authorizations from your device:
- Memory: On the corresponding command of the user, PHASCOPE® PAINT saves and reads the measurement data obtained by the App on your device.
- Bluetooth: To display measurement results, PHASCOPE® PAINT requires a Bluetooth connection to an external device.
- Location: For technical reasons, PHASCOPE® PAINT requires the authorization to access your location data (for details see Section 6) to establish the Bluetooth connection.
In order to find devices within range by Bluetooth, PHASCOPE® PAINT needs to retrieve your location data. Additional storing, processing or transmission of your location data will not be done under any circumstances.
Erasure of Stored Date
Your personal data stored will be erased (notwithstanding the particular erasure periods given in this Data Protection Declaration) insofar as there are no conflicting statutory duties of retention or the personal data are no longer necessary for their purpose pursuant to Section 17 GDPR. If further retention of the personal data serves a purpose permissible according to statute, their processing is restricted pursuant to Section 18 GDPR by blocking these data and not processing them any-more. This particularly applies to data that has to be retained due to statutory law.
Microsoft App Center Diagnostics
8.1 PHASCOPE® PAINT uses the software Microsoft App Center Diagnostics, a cloud-service of the Microsoft Corporation (One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399, USA). Microsoft App Center Diagnostics collects information such as the device type, the version of the operating system and further technical data. You can obtain further information on the use of your data through Microsoft App Center Diagnostics here: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement.
8.2 We use Microsoft App Center Diagnostics to analyse and evaluate bugs in the usage of the App and thereby provide for a safer and more reliable usage of the App. Legal basis for the use is Article 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR, our legitimate interest being the offering of a safe and reliable App.